21 February 2022
Did you know it is Fairtrade Fortnight from today until the 6th March?
Fairtrade Fortnight takes place annually and each year has a theme. This year it is “Choose the world you want”. It provides an opportunity to support farmers, individuals and businesses in third world countries that provide our food and clothes and who are affected by climate change.
Many are exploited and underpaid so by increasing awareness it helps to put pressure on governments around the world to ensure that those producing the everyday goods we consume, like cocoa, coffee and bananas, get a fair price and are exposed to fair trading practices.
If you want to learn more or take part in any of the activities, please visit this website for more information.
Manchester Credit Union wants to support Fairtrade Fortnight so we would love our members to cook or bake something using only Fairtrade ingredients. Photograph what you make and send your picture along with the recipe so we can see what ingredients you used, to email@example.com. If you need some inspiration of what to make, please have a look at the Co-op’s website for ideas.
We will select a winner who will have £50 paid into their account. Entries close 7th March. Terms of the competition are shown below – good luck!
- The competition is open to MCU members only. MCU staff are ineligible to take part
- The competition will run from 21st February to 7th March
- Entry to the competition is limited to one entry per person – multiple entries will be disqualified
- Entry to the competition must be made by sending your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entrants must provide their name and email address
- The winner will be the entry judged to be the best from all entries received
- The winner will be contacted by email and £50 placed into their MCU account
- The winner consents to being photographed with the prize for the sole use of promoting Manchester Credit Union
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Manchester Credit Union is compliant with GDPR rules. We will not pass on your details to any third party