29 March 2023
Free and low-cost things to do this Easter holiday for all the family
Schools across Greater Manchester are now closed for two weeks for the Easter break. So we have found free and low-cost things to do, to keep the whole family entertained.
The museum has plenty to see, such as its Dab Hands exhibition and the Golden Mummies of Egypt exhibition, not to mention the live reptiles and amphibians in the Vivarium!
They also host free writing workshops, dance classes, arts and crafts activities, and more.
Experience a museum tour, the From Moss Side to Marseille exhibition, the 30 Years of Premier League exhibition and much more. If you are a City of Manchester resident, admission to the museum is free, if not there is an admission fee.
Click here for tickets.
There are loads of great things on at this free museum, such as the Operation Ouch exhibition and the Spring Holiday Programme. The programme takes gaming to another level with free activities and creative challenges for all ages.
- Visit the parks in Greater Manchester
Greater Manchester is home to many beautiful parks which are fun for all the family. To save money you can take a picnic if the weather is fine.
Our top picks are:
- Fletcher Moss Botanical Garden, situated in Didsbury, experience the woods, the gardens and the river.
- Wythenshawe Park, there’s a farm with plenty of animals to keep the family entertained. And, it’s all free.
- RHS Garden Bridgewater, located in Worsley, you’ll need to pre book your visit and pay admission for entry to the garden. They are also hosting a massive Easter Egg hunt.
- Activities in libraries across Greater Manchester
Lots of libraries are offering free Easter and Spring crafts in April, take a look at what different libraries are offering here.
Enjoy lots of books whilst you’re there too!
- Visit Smithills Open Farm
Located in Bolton, come and visit the farm animals, there’s goats, sheep, alpacas and many more. Children under two go free.
Click here for tickets.
- Easter Egg hunt at Dunham Massey
The National Trust park is located in Altrincham, the trail is £3 plus a standard admission to the park. There are also 300 acres to walk and lovely gardens to explore.
For more information about the event click here.
- Easter Funfair at Buile Hill Park
Located in Salford, join in the fun from Friday, April 7 - Sunday, April 16. The fair is free admission and has free parking.
There is also an Easter egg hunt on Good Friday, organised by the Buile Hill Mansion Association.
We hope you have a lovely Easter and get to enjoy some of the free or low-cost activities that Greater Manchester has to offer.
If you are thinking about seriously saving some money, learn how you can save with us here.